Saturday, January 31, 2015

Identity Crises, not for David


David didn't loose sight of who he was "a man after Gods own heart,"  though he sinned and this brought much trouble. David knew his failure didn't change the character of God. He repented and called on God when others were sure He (God) wouldn't answer.

David did not have an easy life: ‘Lord, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.” ’ (Psalm 3:1–2). But David cries out to God, ‘But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory around me and lift up my head’ (v.3). Like David, bring your fears and requests to God: ‘To the Lord I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill’ (v.4).

In spite of his distressing situation God lifted up David’s head. God does not want you to be downcast – constantly looking at the regrets behind you, the problems around you and the sin within you. Rather, he wants you to lift up your head and see the help above you – to walk with your head held high, and your eyes fixed on him.

David was able to say, ‘I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.  (in spite of my failures) 

Prayer
Lord often times I interject a response that I'm sure to receive from you out of the severity of lack and short-comings in me; rather than the abundance of the unconditional love, peace, patience, and joy that is the purity and constant of your being.  Holy Spirit, comforter, and friend, teach me to continually die to my flesh and come alive, be renewed, and flourish in love so that I can experience the fullness and character of Christ. 
In Christ. Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment