Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Our First Thought of the Day

Our first thought of the day may be an indication of where we ought to place our focus. 

We "can be" bombarded with the ideologies of the world... if we allow it.  You've heard the saying ... You are what you eat. 

Most people think of diet as a restriction, for the following exercise let's call them choices.  The area of focus is what you take in whether food, entertainment, education, and relationships they all affect your whole being. 

The question to ask ourselves today is what does my diet consist of in the following areas? Food - Music - Books - Movies - Social Media and Relationships.  Are my choices conducive to the direction that I want to go in or do I find myself running in circles and getting nowhere?

It's time for a check up ... 
Physically - How is your health? How is your Temple? 
Mentally - Is your mindset healthy? *We have the Mind of Christ. 
Financially- Are my finances in order? Am I consistent with my tithe?
Spiritually - How is my intimate relationship with God? 

Finally, what is my speech? Death and Life are in the power of the tongue. Am I speaking (sewing the right word seeds) into my future? 

But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right--the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.  Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment